Timescale offers SAML authentication as part of its Enterprise Tier offering. SAML (Security Assertion Markup Language) is an open standard for exchanging authentication and authorization data between parties. With SAML enabled Timescale customers will be able to log into their Timescale account using their existing SSO service provider credentials.
Timescale supports most SAML providers that can handle IDP-initiated login
- Improved security: SAML centralizes user authentication with an identity provider (IdP). This makes it more difficult for attackers to gain access to user accounts.
- Reduced IT costs: SAML can help companies reduce IT costs by eliminating the need to manage multiple user accounts and passwords.
- Improved user experience: SAML makes it easier for users to access multiple applications and resources.
- Configure the IdP to support SAML authentication. This will involve creating a new application and configuring the IdP with the settings provided by your contact.
- Provide your contact with the requested details about your IdP.
- Test the SAML authentication process to make sure that it is working correctly.
Found an issue on this page?Report an issue!