User-defined actions let you schedule custom-defined procedures to run within Timescale. They help you automate periodic tasks that aren't covered by Timescale's policy features.
In this section:
- Learn about user-defined actions before you start using them
- Create and register a user-defined action
- Test and debug a user-defined action
- Alter and delete a user-defined action
- Examples of user-defined actions:
- Use a user-defined action to set up a generic data retention policy that applies across all hypertables
- Use a user-defined action to implement automatic moving of chunks between tablespaces
- Use a user-defined action to automatically downsample and compress older chunks
Found an issue on this page?Report an issue!