Promscale has been discontinued. Support for existing customers of Promscale with Timescale Cloud and Managed Service for TimescaleDB ends on April 30, 2023. We strongly recommend that you do not use Promscale in a production environment. If you need more information, contact the support team.
Promscale is a unified metric and trace observability backend for Prometheus, Jaeger, and OpenTelemetry. It is built on PostgreSQL and TimescaleDB.
Promscale provides robust and 100% PromQL-compliant Prometheus remote storage. Promscale is also a certified Jaeger storage backend that is durable and scalable.
Unlike other observability backends, it has a simple and easy-to-manage architecture with just two components: the Promscale Connector and the Promscale database. The Promscale database consists of PostgreSQL with the TimescaleDB and Promscale extensions.
- Quick start Promscale to get started with Promscale in no time.
- Learn about Promscale to understand how it works before you begin using it.
- Learn about Promscale benefits to understand how it can be useful in your environment.
- Install Promscale from source, or using Docker and Kubernetes.
- Learn about tobs to understand how to install a complete observability stack on Kubernetes.
- Configure Promscale for scaling and high availability.
- Send metrics and traces to Promscale
- Use Promscale to run queries.
- Use Promscale with visualization tools.
For more about Promscale, see our developer documentation.
Found an issue on this page?Report an issue!