Promscale has been discontinued. Support for existing customers of Promscale with Timescale Cloud and Managed Service for TimescaleDB ends on April 30th, 2023. We strongly recommend that you do not use Promscale in a production environment. If you need more information, contact the support team.
The observability stack (tobs) for Kubernetes is a tool that aims to make it simpler to install a full observability stack into a Kubernetes cluster. Currently this stack includes:
- Kube-Prometheus the Kubernetes monitoring stack
- Prometheus to collect metrics
- AlertManager to trigger the alerts
- Grafana for visualization
- Node-Exporter to export metrics from the nodes
- Kube-State-Metrics to get metrics from Kubernetes API server
- Prometheus-Operator to manage the life-cycle of Prometheus and AlertManager custom resource definitions (CRDs)
- Promscale (design doc) to store metrics for the long-term and allow analysis with both PromQL and SQL
- TimescaleDB for long term storage of metrics and provides ability to query metrics data using SQL
- Opentelemetry-Operator to manage the lifecycle of OpenTelemetryCollector Custom Resource Definition (CRDs)
You can also use the tobs Helm chart directly, or as sub-charts for other projects.
Found an issue on this page?Report an issue!