You can upgrade your on-premise TimescaleDB installation in-place.
A major upgrade is when you upgrade from one major version of TimescaleDB, to the next major version. For example, when you upgrade from TimescaleDB 1, to TimescaleDB 2.
A minor upgrade is when you upgrade within your current major version of TimescaleDB. For example, when you upgrade from TimescaleDB 2.5, to TimescaleDB 2.6.
If you originally installed TimescaleDB using Docker, you can upgrade from within the Docker container. For more information, and instructions, see the Upgrading with Docker section.
You can also downgrade your TimescaleDB installation to a previous version, if you need to.
- Learn about upgrades to understand how it works before you begin your upgrade.
- Upgrade to the next minor version of TimescaleDB.
- Upgrade to the next major version of TimescaleDB.
- Downgrade to a previous version of TimescaleDB.
- Upgrade TimescaleDB using Docker.
- Upgrade the version of PostgreSQL your TimescaleDB installation uses.
Found an issue on this page?Report an issue!